The Automatic Standard 40 Ton Pellet Press enables the simple interchangeability of 13, 32, 35, 40 and 45mm die set size options for applications requiring different pressed pellet diameters for x-ray analysis by one or more instruments. This feat is easily performed through the use of a specially designed platen that positions and supports the dies in concentric counterbores corresponding to die diameters. The Pellet Press die sets are self-centered and self-aligned below a threaded arbor with a large knurled knob. Adjustments to the arbor heights are performed to account for variations in the height of the die plunger which is mostly attributed to different volumes of samples introduced into the die and variations in their densities. The use of compressible aluminum PelletCup® briquetting cups together with the hand-held Powder Sample Compactor are useful accessories to fill and pre-pack the PelletCups® prior to the briquetting operation. The sample pellets exhibit more uniformity in compacted densities thickness, and resistance to the development of stress and strain fissures. The SpectroPress® is easily operated through a touch-screen LCD display that enables the operator to program all operational parameters, store them to various methods for future recall.
The Chemplex® Automatic Standard 40 Ton SpectroPress® Pellet Press is designed with unsurpassed features truly representative of current technology, innovation, quality and functionality:
● Counter top installation; small footprint: 10.7" (27.1cm) W X 14.6" (37.1cm) D X 16.9" (42.9cm) H
● Touch-screen LCD User Interface; all operations and programming are through touch-screen entries
● Programmable Methods include
● Force: 10 to 40 tons in 0.1 ton increments
● Dwell time: 6 sec to 10 minutes in 1 second increments
● Die Size: 13mm, 32mm, 35mm, 40mm and 47mm diameters
● Pressure: Program Pressure in PSI and SpectroPress® will adjust force according to selected die size
● Multiple Method Storage/Recall: Ability to create different methods, store them in memory and easily recall previous stored methods.
● Rapid ram rise and retraction; translates into faster pelletizing
● Self-centering die and alignment platform
● Die size interchangeability
● Available die sets: 13, 32, 35, 40 and 45mm (sold separately)
● Illuminated working chamber
● Cycle completion alert
● Safety shield
® SpectroPress, PelletCups and Chemplex are registered trademarks of Chemplex Industries, Inc.